I’m developing a new iOS game that’s inspired by Sid Meiers’ Railroads! with resources and industries. The main idea is to earn a lot of credits (dollars, euros, etc.).
The game is called Tycoon One and here are some things about the development.
- The game is minimalistic and simplistic with an idea to play a quick game once in a while.
- Developed with Swift, my first experience with that language.
- No Game Center, but this may change in the future.
- No In-App purchases, but this may change in the future.
- No sounds nor music, but this too may change in the future.
- Credits are shown in one of the locales that is supported by iOS. This means that, at times, numbers are shown in Arabic or other exotic locale.
- There is a console (or shell or command prompt) used to, for example, list high scores.
- There will be ads (even though I find them annoying). I’ll show a video add when starting new game, but ad is not shown everytime starting a new game only approx 33% of the time. This is least annoying form of advertisement I’ve encountered and so it’s obvious to include it.
- There is Twitter integration. When game ends, credits earned is tweeted. Hashtag #tycoonone is included.
I plan to release Tycoon One “soon”.